“The Man of the Shroud” Touring Exhibit at Sacred Heart – July 18th – 21st
Sacred Heart is excited to be hosting The Man of the Shroud touring exhibit from the Conventual Franciscan Friars of the National Shrine of St. Maximilian Kolbe at Marytown in Libertyville, IL.
The exhibit centerpiece is a full length photographic image of the Shroud of Turin, along with a large crucified corpus showing the wounds of Christ corresponding to the passion narrative in the Gospel accounts and the wounds shown on the Shroud. The exhibit also contains over 60 panels detailing the history and science of the Shroud.
The exhibit will be located in the Sacred Heart parish basement. Sacred Heart has a handicap accessible entrance at the west entrance (circle drive), and an elevator just inside the doors. Please call the parish office at 815-625-1134 with any questions.
- The Truth About the Priest Abuse Data, The Saint Who Was the Mother of 5 Incredible Saints, + More! July 20, 2019By Tito Edwards | The Truth About the Priest Abuse Data—Fr. Paul Sullins, Ph.D. – Patrick Coffin at Catholic Stand +1 Honoring Holy Motherhood: The Saint Who Was the Mother of 5 Incredible Saints -...NCRegister
- If You’re a Christian, You’re a Pilgrim — So Go On a Pilgrimage July 20, 2019By Fr. Dwight Longenecker | Me? I’ve given up on vacations. I get bored at the beach. There’s sand everywhere — even in the sandwiches. Amusement parks don’t amuse me and the mountains are too high. I’m for pilgrimages instead....NCRegister
- Catholic Husband Decides He’s a Woman July 20, 2019By Patti Armstrong | Elizabeth K. (not her real name) was confident she had secured a good Catholic husband that would never leave her, unlike her father had done. “My perceptions were correct,” she said. “He has appealed the...NCRegister
- Vatican Announces New Restrictions on Disgraced Bishop Bransfield July 19, 2019By Christine Rousselle/CNA | WHEELING - Bishop Michael J. Bransfield, Bishop emeritus of Wheeling-Charleston, will no longer be allowed to participate in public Masses or live within his...NCRegister
- Hidden Tabernacles and 8 More Liturgical Crotchets July 19, 2019By Kevin Di Camillo | Two years ago I wrote a piece in the Register (“9 of My Liturgical Crotchets—and Yours”) about things that distract me at Mass. While none of these are “diriment impediments,” I do find them disturbing. For...NCRegister
- ‘Conquerors of the Moon’: Documentaries Commemorate the Apollo Project July 19, 2019By Steven D. Greydanus | The audacity of the thing was matched only by the unseemly speed of its arrival. It took humanity thousands of years to go from Icarus and Daedalus and other myths of human...NCRegister
- Lessons From Mary and Martha: Jesus Must Be the Center of All Charity and Service July 19, 2019By Omar Gutierrez | Sunday, July 21, 2019, is the 16th Sunday in Ordinary Time (Year C). Mass readings: Genesis 18:1-10A; Psalm 15:2-3, 3-4, 5; Colossians 1:24-28; Luke 10:38-42. Today’s readings remind...NCRegister
- Letters 07.21.19 July 19, 2019By The Editors | Democratic Platform Pertinent to “Meet the Democrat Candidates for 2020” (page three, May 12 issue): The article depicts two key issues each presidential candidate supports and why every Catholic should be...NCRegister
- Home Video Picks & Passes 07.21.19 July 19, 2019By Steven D. Greydanus | Buster Keaton Collection, Vol. 2 — PICK Twofer movie collections often pair a better film with a lesser one, but that isn’t the case with the Cohen Film Collection’s...NCRegister
- TV Picks 07.21.19 July 19, 2019By Daniel J. Engler | SUNDAY, July 21, 9pm Life on the Rock EWTN Father Mark Mary spoke with “Among the Lilies” podcaster Cameron Fradd this past January at the Fellowship of Catholic University...NCRegister